Education & Training Manager - Registered Nurse / Paramedic
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Education &Training Manager
A longstanding EMS company in the greater Buffalo Area is looking for a new Education & Training Manager.
- Manage a staff of Field Training Officers, providing oversight on skill reviews and assessments for flight staff.
- Coordinate and implement both internal and external education programs related to patient safety and medical care.
- Develop training plans in response to medical oversight requests and Quality Improvement results.
- Evaluate all aspects of the operation for possible improvement and advancements that can be accomplished through training initiatives.
- Responsible for participating on the Safety Committee, the CQI Committee and maintaining active status as a provider as a Registered Nurse and/or Paramedic.
- Train and Serve as a Flight Nurse/Paramedic.
Required Qualifications :
- Provider status as/for: NYS Certified CC Paramedic -OR- NYS Licensed RN with CC experience required
- Minimum of 2 years program and instructor coordination experience for CPR, ACLS, PALS, ITLS course preferred
- Five years pre-hospital/hospital experience required
- Three years of EMS educational experience preferred
- Management experience in an EMS operation preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (health related field preferred) or equivalent training / experience