Genetic Counselor - Pediatrics
Excellent opportunity for experienced Genetic Counselor or Recent graduate to join premiere Pediatric group and work in brand new state of the art facilities located on Medical Campus. The position is a full time, permanent role. Schedule is typically M-F, no call, evening or weekend hours. Flexibility to work from home some days.
The Genetic Counselor will be responsible for assisting patients and families to understand and adapt to aspects of dealing with inherited disorders and conditions.
- Interview patients and families to obtain comprehensive medical histories and document the findings
- Analyze genetic information to identify patients or families at risk for specific disorders and syndromes
- Coordinating genetic testing, interpreting results and communicate findings to patients and or physicians
- Counsel patients and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance regarding genetic risks and inherited conditions.
- Reviewing available options with family, refer to other healthcare providers/specialists as needed.
- Participate in genetic research projects.
- Provide education to team members, other healthcare professionals and general public.
- MS in Genetic Counseling or graduate of accredited program in Genetic Counseling.
- Must have American Board of Genetic Counseling Certification or be examination eligible to take and receive the certification.
- Current students graduating in May 2019, please feel free to apply.
- Experienced in pediatric genetic counseling and research preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products.
- Medical Chart interpretation and strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills