Job Type : Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : High School Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Immediate need for a Medical Billing Specialist. Full Time Temp to Hire opportunity in fast paced team-oriented environment. Monday - Friday, flexible hours (7 am-3 pm or 8 am-4 pm or 9 am-5 pm). Competitive compensation and benefit plan available.
Medical Biller Duties:
- Assure timely collection of balances and resolve A/R discrepancies.
- Process insurance payments
- Process insurance refund requests and insurance credits as needed.
- Work on denied and unpaid claims to secure payment
- Perform accurate data entry, procedure billing to ensure clean claims processing
- Develop processes and procedure improvements for A/R as needed.
Required Qualifications :
Medical Biller Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding, Edits and Modifiers
- Understanding of NYS Workers Compensation Insurance
Demonstrates accuracy in data entry, procedure billing, to ensure clean claims processing
- 2-3 years previous billing and aging experience.
- Strong communication skills
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or equivalent experience
Skills :Billing Private Practice Outpatient