Medical Laboratory Technician
Job Type : Contract
Reference Code : 7559725
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+
Required Education : Associates Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Buffalo Healthcare provider has an immediate temporary need for a Medical Laboratory Technician in a hospital setting, Assist with the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease by performing tests in laboratories. Full time 37.5 hours/week for 13 weeks.
Medical Laboratory Technician Primary responsibilities:
- Perform tests on bodily fluids to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Follow proper handling of specimens to be analyzed at later time.
- Organize work and ensure priority testing is efficiently performed.
- Perform and document instrument checks as scheduled
- Calibrate tests as needed, perform QC checks as needed
- Adhere to written test procedures
Required Qualifications :
Medical Laboratory Technician Qualifications:
- Associates or BS Degree in Medical Technology or related discipline
- NYS MT/MLT Licensure
- Previous experience with Beck-Courther DxH, Dxi IL TOP
Skills :Hospital Laboratory