Nurse Practitioner (NP) / Physician Assistant (PA) Cardiology
The Nurse Practitioner will initiate the evaluation of patients with acute cardiology problems; perform specified minor procedures; and participate in certain other activities of the Department as assigned by the Medical Director and/or Division Chief.
M-F, daytime clinic schedule (no evenings, no weekends).
- Act as clinical manager for the cardiology outpatient services. Responsibilities for outpatient clinical services will include developing his/her own clinical practice through referrals from within the division, developing protocols for follow up from procedures and various disease states (i.e. hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, congestive heart failure, etc.), triaging and managing patient phone request/problems and medication refills.
- Coordinate clinical follow up for inpatients on the Academic Cardiology Consult Service.
- Attend teaching conferences including, but not limited to morning report, hospital medical grand rounds and quarterly departmental grand rounds.
- Interact and facilitate the teaching activities of the division when they overlap with the nurse practitioner’s clinical duties.
- Will act as a vital part of the teaching mission of the division and will participate in all teaching activities that interface with areas of clinical responsibility.
- May also perform other mutually agreed upon related duties as assigned or requested by the Medical Director and/or Division Chief.
Current NYS License.
Experience in Cardiology as an RN or NP required.
Outpatient setting experience required.
Minimum two years’ experience with healthcare delivery.