Registered Nurse/RN Critical Care - ICU
The Registered Nurse/RN Critical Care - ICU use their advanced skills to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk for life-threatening health problems.
Multiple shifts available at multiple hospitals within a premier health system locally.
Registered Nurse/RN Critical Care - ICU Responsibilities can include:
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording patient vital signs
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications
- Ordering diagnostic tests
- Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Acting as patient advocate
- Providing education and support to patient families
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Current Critical Care Nurse experience with a minimum of one (1) year critical care clinical experience strongly preferred
- BSN preferred
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
- New York State Registration or completion of NCLEX exam within 120 days of hire.
- ACLS training required within one-year of employment.
- Successful completion of BKAT within 6 months.
- Successful completion of rhythm test within 90 days of hire.