Location : Amherst, NY
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Certificate
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist needed for Full Time Direct Hire opportunity in new Primary Care Practice. Competitive compensation and benefit plan available.
Medical Biller/Coder Duties:
- Assure timely collection of balances and resolve A/R discrepancies.
- Process insurance payments
- Process insurance refund requests and insurance credits as needed.
- Work on denied and unpaid claims to secure payment
- Perform accurate coding, data entry, billing to ensure clean claims processing
- Develop processes and procedure improvements for A/R as needed.
Required Qualifications :
Medical Biller/Coder Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding, Edits and Modifiers
- Demonstrates accuracy in data entry, coding, billing, to ensure clean claims processing
- 2-3 years previous billing and aging experience.
- Strong communication skills
- One year certificate from college or technical school, or equivalent experience