RN Care Coordinator
Location : Amherst, NY
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
RN Care Coordinator needed for a new Primary Care practice in Amherst, NY. RN Care Coordinator will participate with the care team to ensure delivery of high quality and customer focused health care.
RN Care Coordinator Responsibilities include:
- Assessment of patient health status
- Utilize clinical knowledge and critical thinking skills to assess patients and develop and implement care plans.
- Act as liaison and advocate for patients healthcare needs.
- Provide patient and family education, health teaching, counseling
- Provide follow up care including phone calls, coordination of referrals, scheduling follow up appointments, obtain diagnostic test results, manage physician orders, call in prescriptions.
- Partner with health care team members to provide excellent customer service and and timely resolution of issues and complaints.
Required Qualifications :
RN Care Coordinator qualifications:
- Two plus years direct patient care experience
- Care Management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of evidence based guidelines
- PCMH Accreditation knowledge preferred
- Health Plan experience preferred
- Current NY State RN license
- Current BLS
- Infection Control Certification
Keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Care Coordination, Care Coordinator, Primary Care, Buffalo, NY, Nursing
Skills :Outpatient Clinic Primary Care RN RN Care Coordinator